There are several routes that lead to Machu Picchu but no one can be compared to the Inca Trail, considered one of the most famous hiking in South America. From Cusco, 43 kilometers of paths between forests and dense fog, staircases of millenary stones and majestic views. At the and of the trek your effort will be rewarded: the Puerta del Sol and its impressive views of the ruins of Machu Picchu.
Getting on the Inca Trail is a rite and a unique adventure for the traveler, but you have to plan it in advance. It is advisable to book some months before the date of your trip, so you do not risk don’t find availability.
We are waiting for you!
|° Tourist transport Cusco – Km 82||x National and international air tickets.|
|° Guided service English – Spanish.||x Drinks in general.|
|° Guided in Spanish or English.||x meals not specified.|
|° Inflatable mattress.||x baksheesh|
|° Cook and assistant||x consumption or personal expenses.|
|° Kitchen equipment.||x Travel insurance.|
|° Snacks.||x Hotel in Cusco.|
|° Daily tea service.|
|° Tent kitchen, dining room, bathroom.|
|° Food service in camp.|
|° Vegetarian menu at no extra cost.|
|° Field personal food.|
|° Two-person tents.|
|° Entrance to the Inca Trail valid 4 days.|
|° First aid kit.|
Do you want more information? Contact Us
Day 1 Inka Trail Beginning
- Departure from the city of Cusco.
- Arrive at Ollantaytambo, a short tour.
- Transfer to kilometer 82 of the railroad to Machu Picchu.
- Register with the SHMP authorities.
- Start of the hike.
- Walk to the Huallabamba area where the camp will settle.
- Overnight in the camp.
Maximum Altitude: 2954 m / 9694 ft
Minimum Altitude: 2670 m /
Distance traveled: 10.89 km / 6.77 ml
Travel time: 5 hours
Day 2 Inka Trail Camp
- Have Breakfast.
- Departing from the camp to WarmiWañuska.
- Short stop at WarmiWañuska.
- Arrival at Pacaymayo Camp.
- Overnight in camp.
Maximum altitude: 4226 m asl
Minimum Altitude: 2954 m / 9694 ft.
Distance traveled: 7.10 km / 4.40 ml.
Travel time: 5:30 hours
Day 3 Inka Trail Camp
- Walk to Runkurakay.
- Arrive at the panoramic point of Phuyupatamarka (view of the sacred mountains and the back of Machu Picchu).
- Visit to the small archaeological complex of Phuyu.
- Arrival at the WiñayWayna Camp.
Maximum altitude: 4226 m
Minimum altitude: 2729 m
Distance traveled: 10.94 km / 6.80 ml.
Travel time: 8:40 hours.
Day 4 Machu Picchu Visit / Return To Cusco
- Have Breakfast.
- Walk to Inti Punku, the gateway to the city of Machu Picchu.
- Guided Visit to the city of Machu Picchu.
- Train transfer from Aguas Calientes station to Ollantaytambo station.
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo Station to Cusco City.
- End of our services.
Maximum altitude: 2732 m / 8964 ft
Minimum altitude: 2088 m
Distance traveled: 7.29 km / 4.53 ml
Travel time: 4 hours
- Prices are expressed in American Dollars per person.
- Rates of hotels considered with application of exemption of IGV, valid only for foreigners not resident in Peru.
- For the exemption of the IGV, all guests must present their passport with the stamp of migrations and the Andean stamp card migration card with less than 60 days in the year within the Peruvian territory (Legislative Decree 919) at the time of check in, in case otherwise you will have to pay the 18% tax directly at the hotel.
- It is the passenger’s obligation to carry all personal documentation in order (Passport and Andean Immigration Card)
- All exchange and / or cancellation of reservation (or part thereof) is subject to penalties and administrative expenses.
- The schedules are referential, any reprogramming will be informed in the destination city by our representatives.
- We are not responsible for causes not related to our operation, such as passenger’s illness, pregnancy, drunkenness and other causes or events caused by the passenger and / or natural phenomena, social convulsion, political situations, etc., phenomena foreign to our will affect the normal development of the programs “.
- This quote is a preliminary itinerary that does not imply confirmation of services and hotels mentioned.
- Rates valid until December 31, 2018, not valid on holidays or congresses.
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING
- Water resistant hiking shoes and sandals.
- Warm clothes (thermal interior, polar, feathers, gloves hat, stockings).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic clothes or cotton (stockings, trousers, shorts, polo shirts).
- Hat, sunglasses
- Sunscreen cream, insect repellent cream.
- Nalgene type water containers.
- Basic medicine kit.
- Walking sticks with rubber tips.
- Personal hygiene implements.
- Personal snacks
- DNI / Original passport.